8.24.2008

Final Day in Boston

Today John & I went to Little Italy (LOVED IT!), toured Fenway Park and then just sat on a grassy knoll in the Commons watching the children play. It was an amazing day. Boston is great in so many different ways - it's clean, historic buildings everywhere, old graveyards that date back to the 1600s nearly on every street and cobblestone roads. The hotel we stayed in, Omni Parker House, the oldest operating hotel in the US, place where boston creme pies were invented AND...and...hold... the place where JFK proposed to Jackie. Also, the people have been so kind. Last night we met a man at the bar while waiting for our dinner reservatinons. We sat there with him & watched the Olympics, talked, and then we left & said our goodbyes. Once our dinner was over the waiter told us a man at the bar had bought us dessert. I thought it was such a kind guesture! Anyway ... I'm now sitting in my hotel in Boxboro - my new home for the next 3.5 weeks. This area is in the country of Mass and quite beautiful. It's near Concord & there are orchards everywhere. I'm waiting on the arrival of my roommate. To be honest, I'm nervous Nancy. My day starts at 10am tomorrow & lasts until 5pm. The first day of any new job is scary ... it's just hard to believe this new adventure starts tomorrow.

I hope you are all well in Birmingham. I miss you all!
love,
AC

No comments: