9.21.2008

6am on a Saturday! Ugggg!

My alarm came early today! 6:05am on a SATURDAY! Yes, I have a four hour class on Saturdays - the good thing is it only meets three times & it's done! Today was my first "real" class. I had seven students - six boys and one girl. As I went around the room asking them all why they were taking Readak they all said the same thing, "My parents are making me." They loved being in class at 8am on a Saturday, let me tell you. Anyway, it did go by very quickly and they were all very receptive. They are sweethearts - they all mentioned they are excited to take this & hope it helps them. It touched my heart. I know that sounds silly, but I never imagined being a teacher before. It is great to know I could actually help these kids be better students. Also, it's still sooooo odd to hear them call me "Miss Hartman."

I know some of you want pictures of me lounging in the teacher's lounge - consider it in the works. I may see what I can do. :)

I am going to attempt a walking tour of the city tomorrow. I say "attempt" because my car's stupid check engine light came on. We'll see how far I can get.

That's all I got. Good night!

1 comment:

hales said...

I'm SO glad your kids are sweet! You never know with that age :) I'm sure you are doing a wonderful job. Miss you!