8.24.2008

We are Here!!

Ok, first of all I am sorry for not posting sooner. We just have not had much time to access the internet. I will start off by saying the trip to DC was L-O-N-G. We made it in 13 hours. The only thing worth noting on the way up was the Shanandoah Valley. It was beautiful. We were in DC Wed/Thurs. We had a great hotel - right in the middle of downtown and just a few blocks from the White House. We saw W's House, The Lincoln Monument, had a tour of the Captiol and just walked around. John & I were both amazed with how beautiful the city really was. It was great! We ate in Georgetown Thursday night. I loved Georgetown. I could easily live there ... if I had ... say ... more moo-lah. We were so tired from walking all day we crashed early Thursday night. We woke up to drive straight into Philadelphia. It was a short 4 hour drive. We stayed downtown and the City Hall area was amazing. I must say, Philly does leave a lot to be desired though. The people, the streets, all dirty. We had lunch and dinner at two of Stephen Starr's places. Fun fun! Saturday we woke up & drove 6 hours to Boston. I must say - my least favorite part of the trip. We got stuck for an hour outside of NYC on a stupid toll bridge. Charlie Bear was right - we have paid around $40 on tolls alone. Shesh! It was a neat way to see NYC for the first time. It's one huge city, that's for sure. We made it here and the second we drove into Boston I knew I was going to LOVE it. We drove by Fenway (which is amazing!) and through Boston Commons. I about died - I had to pay attention to where I was going. Just imagine - those of you who haven't been here - of the grassiest little area, filled with people just laying around under weeping willows along side the river - I want to go there today. It's truly a beautiful city here. I am so excited to be here! The buildings are unreal - the history behind them. We are staying right off of the Freedom Trail. We are about to head out to do a boat tour, go to Little Italy, then maybe lounge around on the Boston Commons. I will be leaving John around 6pm to venture out to my area for the next 3.5 weeks. I will have a roommate - Taylor. I know nothing about her other than she's from Boston & hopefully she will go to bed around the same time I do each night *wishful thinking* I hope the pictures will suffice for the time being! The weather here is AMAZING - breezy, not hot and just plain lovely. I am not sure how much internet access I will get throughout the days from now on but I'll try to update as much as possible.

Until next time ...
much love!
AC

No comments: