9.01.2008

The Big Delicious

I left Boston on Friday for a weekend in NYC. I went to visit a friend of mine from Birmingham, Jason. What an experience it was for me to get there - I had to take 1 train, 2 subway trains, and the bus. I did the ultimate touristy thing - took a double decker bus around the city to see the sights. I actually saw everything I wanted to in two days on that bus. I can't describe how overwhelmed I was with the city. It was HUGE. Unreal. Enormous. I was very intimidated. I've seen a lot of different cities, but this one, this one was the biggest of the big. I loved Central Park. I stayed there both days and just about walked the entirity of it. Favorites of the Park were: Strawberry Field, Boat House & just the main mall area. My favorite NYC moment was walking across the Brooklyn Bridge. Pete & I did it! It was amazing to walk half way and turn around & see this huge city skyline behind you. It was unreal. We got to the Brooklyn side & we were going to eat some pizza at his favorite place, but it was a 2 hour wait! We opted for ice cream instead :) That night hung out in the East Village & went to some dive bar and then karaoke! And yes, people go crazy for Journey there as they do in Bham. It made me laugh pretty hard. After karaoke we made a stop for Belgium fries. YUMMY! Sunday I went to Serendipity (walked there on my own!). Jason had a little Labor Day party at his place that night & I got to meet a lot of his Cornell pals. They all were so nice! I had a lovely time in the Big Apple & hope to return again soon when I have more time to see other areas. Most of my pics below have little captions. I hope you all had a fun and safe Labor Day weekend!
love!!
AC



Yep. I went. Wait for party of 2: an hour and a half. Wait for party of 1: seated immediately! One of the only perks of sightseeing on your own :)

And this is the $15 piece of heaven I got. It was my lunch. What! I was on vacation! I wish I could have taken pictures of all the little kids in there -when their treats came their faces just lit up. It was a fun time.


Central Park (again).

NYC people LOVE to karaoke. That's the only thing we found in common. Believe it or not, we were singing my favorite Journey song.

Brooklyn Bridge.

The Brooklyn Bridge. Pete & I walked across the entire bridge. At the end, on the Brooklyn side are some amazing spots! It's a great view for the other end as well. It was my favorite New York memory.

Best pizza in NYC has a 2 hour wait out the door. It's on the Brooklyn side of the Bridge. I smelt it, but didn't eat it. One word: HEAVEN!

Quiz Time! Can anyone guess what famous man was shot in front of this building - on his way home? It's the Dakota Apartments. I must say, I look too excited to be there considering the history. The security guard yelled at me the second I jumped. By the way, the answer ... John Lennon.



Strawberry Fields in Central Park dedicated to John Lennon. Yoko donated $1 mil after his death to have this area in the Park for him. People lay flowers down everyday here. If you look close enough the word "Imagine" is in the middle. It's quite a sight to see. Very beautiful.

Boat House Cafe. Central Park. I had lunch here & it was one of the most beautiful places in the Park.

Pete, me, & Jason @ Belvedere Castle in the Park.

Central Park. Again.

One of my favorite areas in the Park. Look at the people in the pond canoeing. I loved it!

Central Park. Bike taxis & carriage rides.

Financial District. Ride 'em, cowboy!

Times Square. I got out of this place quick. Too much going on - a nightmare for someone with ADHD.


Somewhere near Canal Street.


Empire State Bldg.

2 comments:

Gypsy Baby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gypsy Baby said...

I had to delete the previous post for unsolicited reasons..........Just wanted to say how badly I wanted to stick my face in your........cheesecake...I would tear that up!