8.27.2008

Who is from Acton, Mass? Steve Carell??!!


Yes, folks, he is. He's actually from a small town down the road named Concord. I say it as "Con-cord" and the locals say "Con-curd." I make fun of them & they make fun of me. Anywhoo .. Steve is from here & come to find out my roommate, Taylor, had dinner with him LAST MONTH! His nephew is Taylor's best friend from college. Super coolio. She said he was very nice, but his wife was 10x funnier than him. Go figure.

Day 3 of training was fine. I did my first teacher presentation and it went well. I winged it - probably didn't do as many lesson plans I should. I think it'll be easier than I thought. We'll see.

I am thinking of going to NYC this weekend since I have Fri-Mon off. All the other girls are going out of town- back home. We'll see how that pans out. I have a friend there who told me to come visit. The bus from Boston to NYC is 4 hours - yikes.

I am growing more & more fond of this area. Acton, MA is just beautiful. Very country. Wildflowers everywhere. The smell of pine. It's nice. I hope you enjoy the picture.

Oh and mark Vegas off your list. The other girl who came back for a 2nd year of teaching took it. I could kill her. *shaking my head*

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That would be a great place for a picnic.

Ann Catherine said...

that got a good laugh out of me!

Wes Poole said...

I'm disappointed. I have read your entire blog and have found nothing that was copied and pasted from Wikipedia! What kind of blog is this?!

Ann Catherine said...

This is NOT Ryals' blog. However, there is a bar in Cambridge (outside of Boston) named after Ryals. I miss you, Wes, I do. I really do. Bad.