8.26.2008

More Than a Feeling

Today was my first full day of training, well, we still got out at 4pm. My head hurts. For all of those who may slightly care about what I'll be teaching - we learned all about how to take Cornell notes - which turns out is very interesting. This is stuff I wish I had learned in high school. It would have helped me tremendously. I have to do a presentation tomorrow - they will video me (yay) and critque my teaching skills. I'm nervous. I've never taught before! None of the other girls have either. They are all 22,23 years old. At least it makes me feel better about my situation.

On a more interesting note - I find out Sept 5th where my first two assignments will be! We will even get to kinda pick. I must mention there's a girl who came back this year to travel for a 2nd year and is helping train us. She got first pick of where she wanted to go this year & let me tell you it's all the exotic places I remembered on the schedule. She'll be in Nicaragua, Barbados, Jamica, and Australia. The only places left that I could get are San Jose, CA; Nova Scotia; Vegas; Virginia Beach & Tyler, TX. My heart tells me Vegas since Amber, Jason, Dan & Keenum will be there when I'd be there but part of me wants to try a place I've never been. We'll see how it plays out.

Also, we are off 1/2 a day Friday and all day Monday. I have NO plans - what the mess will I do? Anyone want to come up? Free hotel & I'll pick you up at the airport ;)

In case you're not the music nerd that I am, I named this post after the only Boston song I know.

That's all I have now. I'll spend the rest of my night studying, reading, organizing lesson plans & hopefully running. I miss running - haven't found a spot yet that's good for it.

Much love!
AC

1 comment:

Gypsy Baby said...

AAhhhh...the joy of teaching! I remember cornell notes.....does anyone actually use that! I always folded my paper wrong..hahaha. My vote is Vegas.....otherwise you wouldn't be able to be there with us b/c were going Mon-THurs.. I don't know if our friendship would survive rv living!hahh j.k.....Jason and I haven't killed each other yet! : )