10.20.2008

Amber & Merry Michael's Visit!

I was very lucky to have two great friends come into town and visit me this weekend! Amber & Merry Michael flew in Friday and stayed until today, Monday. We had loads of fun! Friday we went to the National Mall area and walked from the Monuments to the White House. We even managed to have a great jumping picture by the Reflecting Pool, where Amber literally lost her shoes! She stalled hoping the man who took our picture would get them, but nope, he wasn't going in. She had to roll up her pants & get in. It made for a great DC memory! Saturday I had class, so they went to the Holocaust Museum & Smithsonian American Art Museum. Saturday night we went to dinner with some of my new, random DC friends, Jack & Andy. I met Jack on the flight from DC to Birmingham last weekend and Andy went to college with a girl I met in Boston through Readak. They were great fun - we all had a wonderful time. We ate & went out in Georgetown. Sunday we ventured to VA Wine Country. It was a beautiful day and was so much fun. Despite having my string of bad luck this weekend with my car, it was totally redeemed with the company of my bestest buds from Birmingham. You can also see in the pictures how fall is really here in DC. We all about froze this weekend - the high was in the low 60s each day. Amber & MM - thanks for coming! xoxoxo!


Us from Lincoln Monument with Washington behind us.


The big jump! Look for Amber's shoes falling...


Hahahahahahaha...


Reflecting Pool with Lincoln Monument behind us. Amber, me, Memi.


Rolling down the hill from Washington Monument.


Amber & I @ Washington Monument.


Hillsboro Vineyard.


And...another jumping pic! Tarara Vineyards.

3 comments:

Sarah Stephens said...

Did Berge fall in L? Sounds like you kiddos had fun.

Gypsy Baby said...

The VEST The VEST!!!! hahaha.....Jason said for xmas he's getting you a pogo stick

Amber said...

what is sass talking about?