10.06.2008

Fall is here!

This weekend Kelly had a huge wedding to attend Saturday night, so I got to meet a lot of her college friends & even see some old friends from Birmingham - Lauren & Ryan! Lauren's brother was the one getting married. Thursday night we all went out to Arlington to watch the debate. The rest of the weekend I went into the city to visit a few museums. I went to the Georgia O'Keefe/Ansel Adams exhibit at the Smithsonian American Museum of Art on Saturday. It was great! I then made my way to Dupont Circle and bought a cupcake from Hello Cupcake & sat on a bench & people watched. I even took the book I'm currently reading & sat & read it for a while. There was too much going on - I was easily distracted. I returned downtown on Sunday afternoon to visit the Holocaust Museum. I must say, it was one of the most emotional places I've ever been. It was unreal - the pictures, videos, testimonals, things I saw there will haunt me the rest of my life. It was disturbing, disgusting, sickening, enlightening, and very sad. People were sobbing as they were walking through the halls. I'm glad I went. It was an awakening experience. After the museum I strolled through the National Mall and sat on the steps of an art gallery & ate my first Italian sausage hot dog.

Fall is really showing itself in DC! The leaves are changing & it's beautiful. I will post more pictures of that as I get more pictures!

Smithsonian American Museum of Art


Hello Cupcake! in Dupont Circle - aren't they cute? Who could hate cupcakes? Urban Standard's are still better than these.


Dupont Circle


National Mall area

1 comment:

NWO Observer said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.