9.05.2008

Back to DC & NYC!





I found out my first THREE assignments today. I leave Sept 12th for Arlington, VA. I will be there for four weeks. I will then scoot over to Fairfax, VA for my second assignment. I will be there until November 7th (*day before my bday*) then onto Long Island, NY. I am very excited! I visited DC on my way up to Boston & loved loved LOVED it! I'm excited that I'll be there during the Presidential election and be in NYC for Christmas. I should finish up the Long Island assignment on December 13th & return to AL soon after for a few weeks.


Also, a fun & VERY exciting side note: Feb-May there will be three of us who are lucky to get to go to Australia. THREE MONTHS IN THE LAND DOWN UNDER! I mention it every chance I get, "Hey, I'm fluent in Australian," "I love to put skrimps on the barbie," "Hey, mate!" Gerry just rolls his eyes now. Given that there are five of us and two have been to Australia already, I have a huge chance! Also, I'd get 2 weeks off between the 2nd and 3rd assignment there. Talk about awesome! I would possibly get to see New Zealand & the French Polynesian islands (my dream). I feel so lucky to have this opportunity!

2 comments:

Sarah Stephens said...

perhaps you remember my statement to you about australia? i mean seriously, I am there. I will start saving now.

Congrats on your placements!

Ann Catherine said...

Yes, I 'member! :) I wil find out for sure if I will go around the first of the year.