9.08.2008

Sweet, Sweet Massachusetts!

It's hard to believe my time here is almost over. I remember driving in on that night, scared to death and anxious. I've made some great friends here & I'm excited to see where the year takes us all. I am so excited & so ready to get to DC! I love that area and think this will be a fun two months. Thanks to my pal in Birmingham, Lauren, I may have found housing with a friend of hers. I hope it works out because she lives right in the middle of the two schools where I'll be teaching.

Every day we seem to learn more and more about what the year holds for us. We got to make a "wish list" today of places we hope to visit/see. I mentioned just about every country I could think of :) I did sorta find out if I don't get picked for the three month Australia bit then I'll get to go to Barbados. Not a bad trade off, huh? They are also working on getting a school in Indonesia. Yes, near Bali! I instantly thought of Eat, Pray, Love. They mentioned the first FOURTEEN assignments next year are in the Caribbean. If things go well this year, I may do a half of a year next year to just take advantage of that!

I have enjoyed Acton, MA and the Boston area tremendously. I could seriously see myself living in Boston one day. I absolutely love it. I had dinner with my good pal, Omar, and his wife Saturday night. They live in a great part of Boston - the South End - LOVED IT. Harvard Square is unreal. Charles River is amazing. I just can't describe in words how much I love Boston. For those of you who have been here, you know. It's one of the only places I've been where it does feel like home. It is a comfortable city.

This final week will consist of one final presentation (tomorrow), Wed night we're going to celebrate Allison's 23rd birthday in Boston doing one of my favorite pastimes ... karaoke! Thursday we only come in for two hours to finalize things, then we have our farewell dinner that night. Friday I will be off to Fairfax!

I hope you are all well! I miss your smiling faces & your laughter ... hopefully I'll see some of you real soon.

So MUCH love!
AC

2 comments:

Jennie said...

Catherine - that sounds AWESOME! I am so happy for you! I hope you love it so much! Send me your address and I will send some 'snail mail' ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey, Catherine - ACTON, MA. Randy and I have been there too. There is another ACTON town in the NE. Been there too. Hope it reminded you of all the ACTON'S you know in the South!!! JANET