9.14.2008

The Capitol City

I'm here! Aftering driving 9 hours from Boston to DC on Friday, I arrived safe & tired. The weather in Boxborough, MA was 62 degrees when I left and 97 degrees when I arrived in DC. Talk about a huge change! I miss the cooler weather. By the way, I hate, hate, HATE Garmin for taking me through the Bronx on my way here. Not a good idea and not fun. It gives me something to look forward to on my way to Long Island in November *touch of sarcasm* Anyway, so I met my new roommate, Kelly, on Saturday. She is truly fabulous! *Thanks again, Lauren!* She took me out with her friends on Saturday night & I had a great time. Her friends are great - so friendly and they loved my accent. I never knew I had a Southern accent until I went to Boston. I just thought people here in VA would sound somewhat Southern too, but nope. I stick out like a sore thumb. We went out in Arlington to watch the Ohio State/USC game. It was a fun night! My first day at Paul VI Catholic School is tomorrow. I already scoped out the area and it's only 15 min from here. I'm not nervous now, but ask me tomorrow at 7am. I have to be there at 7:45am. My day will last until 3pm, then I have a seminar tomorrow night. It'll be a long day. I hope my other friends traveling made it safely to their respective places (Halifax, Houston, Tyler & San Jose). Tomorrow is the start of a quick month. Gerry (boss man) promised us this time would fly by. We'll see. I hope everyone back home is great! I miss you all!

No comments: