9.15.2008

The First Day @ School

My first day had a rocky start. Talk about BAD first impression. I get there early - of course- and am scheduled to meet Tom (my contact & the assistant principal) at 7:30am. They page him. He finally comes running in at 7:50am & yells "Who paged me?? What's so important?" The secretary says, "The Readak girl is here," and points to me. I wave & say hi, he then says, "That is NOT important and it's the least of my concerns right now!" They all look at me & sigh. Ugg... what a jerk. He then comes back 10 min later, smiling, laughing and I go back to his office & we talk. He reminds me of the gay guy from Will & Grace. He's real bubbly and maybe, early 30s. So...yah...that was my first day. I hung up posters promoting the program, met some of the 80+ teachers, tried to remember their names, got a lot of paperwork done, and even ate a canolli that an old student brought in to the office staff. :) It's so weird to be back in a school. From the second I walked in, that smell of the school halls, oh my, it was overwhelming. It took me back to high school. I never thought of being a teacher. I actually think this may be fun. My first class is Saturday from 8am-12pm. My day got off to a rocky start, but I think I'll survive.

2 comments:

ryan c said...

glad to hear your making friends. i know how self-conscious you are and how hard it is to lay it on the line. i know, deep down, that is the reason you never pursued an intimate relationship with david wolfe. that mole. that beautiful mole. keep us updated.
ta-ta
ryan

hales said...

good luck Saturday! I know you will do great. xoxo!!!!