11.16.2008

A cold, windy day on Long Island

I decided to venture East on Long Island today. Thinking, "hey, this is a small island, it won't take me long to get there," I was wrong. I had the best of intentions to see the North Fork (wineries, beautiful harbors) and South Fork (the famous Hamptons). I only made it to the North Fork. The area is just beautiful. It's very New England-esque. The houses remind me of New England and there are a lot of cute, quaint shops and fishing boats. I need to mention, it was windy x 10 out there today - horribly windy! All of my pictures will show it. I went to one winery that was recommended to me. It was beautiful, but unfortunately, this time of year the vines look dead because all the leaves have fallen off. I made a few friends in the Rafeal winery - they all loved trying to guess where I was from with my accent. I then headed farther East to Glenport and Orient. Glenport is a small, cute town with B&Bs everywhere and nice little docks & fishing boats. I then ventured as far off the island as possible to a town called Orient. By the time I got to Orient Harbor the winds had picked up - they were so strong that when I tried to get out of my car and open my door my door would not move. Enjoy the pictures!

Glenport, NY - whoo-wee-- hold on to that hat!

Glenport, NY. Cute little fishing town.

The beautiful Orient Harbor, NY.


Orient Harbor, NY - Long Island. Massive, crazy winds!


For Amber Monty - she loves my new "point."

1 comment:

hales said...

reminds me of "Dawson's Creek" !!!!! You look beautiful! This job is really agreeing with you.